Unique perspectives and unbiased advice
Our team of actuaries and pension experts provide coordinated retirement plan services that reduce administrative burden, mitigate risks, and provide a quality participant experience.
- Strategic advice. We provide guidance in all areas of retirement benefits including plan design, pension risk transfer, forecasting and cash flow planning, and plan termination.
- Compliance. We monitor the ever-changing compliance landscape to keep you up-to-date on all the rules and regulations that may impact your plan.
- Actuarial services. Our comprehensive actuarial services cover pension valuations, FASB and GASB reporting, post-retirement medical (OPEB) and executive retirement plans. You can count on sound models with reasonable assumptions based on plan history and future expectations to provide timely and accurate measurement of retirement obligations.
- Plan administrative services. Our full-service capabilities include participant call center, benefits administration and distribution management, online tools, and data warehousing.
Relax. We've got it covered.
- Traditional defined benefit plan services
- Cash balance and other hybrid plan services
- Post-retirement medical and life
- Insurance services
- Actuarial valuations
- FASB and GASB reporting
- Benefits administration and outsourcing
- De-risking pension plans
- Plan termination support
- Forecasting and cash flow planning
- Asset/liability modeling
- Plan design
- Participant communications
- Mergers and acquisitions
Our team of legally-trained advisors and experienced HR professionals proactively monitor changes in regulations that may impact your benefits including ACA, ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, ADA and GINA, and then provide timely and actionable guidance.
Actuarial and underwriting resources to help make data-driven decisions about benefit plan design and contribution strategies.
Industry insights, solutions and thought leadership to promote better employee health, reduce future health risks, and improve productivity.
Strategies that build awareness, educate employees and drive engagement in your benefits.
Human Resources Advisory
Advice, best practices and insights on a wide range of HR issues across the employee life cycle.
Benefits Technology and Administration
Knowledge and experience to help you select the best technology solution to meet your needs and the guidance to ensure a successful implementation.
A full suite of administration services for FSAs, HSAs, HRAs, Transportation Spending Accounts (TSAs), COBRA and retiree billing.
State-of-the-art systems and processes to properly and efficiently ensure your compliance with COBRA regulations.
Communications resource center
Self-Funded Client Trends and Stop-Loss Marketplace (White Paper)
January 2020 Benefits Beat Newsletter
HSAs: Spouses on Medicare (White Paper)
December 2019 Benefits Beat Newsletter
November 2019 Benefits Beat Newsletter (Newsletter)
Look-Back Measurement Method: Reduction of Hours (White Paper)
August 2019 Employee Benefits Newsletter (Newsletter)
Employee Retention in the Age of Choice (Business Resource)
June 2019 Employee Benefits Newsletter (Newsletter)
May 2019 Employee Benefits Newsletter (Newsletter)
Payroll Connectivity and HR Bandwidth Considerations Prior to Initiating a Ben Admin Vendor Search (Business Resource)
April 2019 Employee Benefits Newsletter (Newsletter)
PCORI: Mental Health Research and Outcomes (Business Resource)
March 2019 Employee Benefits Newsletter (Newsletter)
Top Health and Welfare Considerations in an M&A Deal (Business Resource)
February 2019 Employee Benefits Newsletter (Newsletter)
Musculoskeletal Disorders – Painful for Employees and Employers (Business Resource)
January 2019 Employee Benefits Newsletter (Newsletter)
Leadership that Drives Results (Business Resource)
December 2018 Employee Benefits Newsletter (Newsletter)
Reducing Health Care Costs with Referenced Based Pricing (Business Resource)
November 2018 Employee Benefits Newsletter (Newsletter)
Another Take on Actuarial Value (Business Resource)
October 2018 Employee Benefits Newsletter (Newsletter)
Common Misconceptions in ERISA and ACA Compliance (Business Resource)
Association Health Plans – A Foundation to Understand the Conversation (Business Resource)
McGriff Insurance Services, Inc. is a subsidiary of BB&T Insurance Holdings, Inc.
McGriff Insurance Services, Inc. CA License #0C64544.
Insurance products and services offered through McGriff Insurance Services, Inc., a subsidiary of BB&T Insurance Holdings, Inc., are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may go down in value.