These days, even minor mishaps can lead to large lawsuits
That's why no business can safely operate without liability insurance to protect its assets. Taking these proactive steps can lower the potential cost of liability insurance claims for you and your business:
- Set high standards for product quality control in your company
- Keep all company records complete and up to date
- Provide appropriate safety training for all employees
How do you decide how much coverage your business needs? It may depend on:
- Associated risk: An auto repair shop carries a much greater risk of being sued for personal injury than a pillow manufacturer
- Business location: Some states award high damage amounts to plaintiffs claiming personal injury
Consult with one of our insurance specialists. We have access to risk profiles and coverage amounts for businesses similar to yours. We’ll help you understand where liability insurance, workers' compensation and business property insurance overlap, so you don't over-purchase one type of coverage.
Types of coverage
We have you covered in multiple areas:
- Employee benefits
- Foreign & international
- Intellectual property
- Personal injury & advertising
- Products & completed operations
- Umbrella & excess
Liability insurance can be purchased alone or as part of a business owner’s policy. We recommend general liability, which offers:
- Higher liability coverage limits
- Professional liability insurance (ensuring you’re adequately insured and costing you less in the long run)
- Customized coverage based on your total risk, not your business size
Auto & Transportation
Our transportation services can be tailored to meet the specific needs of your business.
Bonding & Surety Services
Whether you need commercial, contract or subdivision bonds, we can help.
It's important to know your business is covered in the event of a flood.
We get inside your operation to cover the risks you know about, and uncover the ones you don't.
Protect your business from ever-increasing internet-based risks.
Our incredible global reach extends to more than 130 countries.
From equipment failure to human oversight, almost any incident can result in litigation.
Businesses of all size need a little help anticipating the disruptions that could lead to financial loss.
Mitigate potential damage to your business due to the loss of a key person.
Insure your receivables and gain protection against demand fluctuations, natural disasters, harsh economies and customers who fail to pay.
Affordable plans to protect your business and your employees.
September 2020 Business Insurance Newsletter (Newsletter)
August 2020 Business Insurance Newsletter (Newsletter)
July 2020 Business Insurance Newsletter (Newsletter)
Insurance products and services offered through McGriff Insurance Services, Inc., a subsidiary of Truist Insurance Holdings, Inc., are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may go down in value.
McGriff Insurance Services, Inc. CA License #0C64544.