Protecting everything from the "four walls" in is most likely your responsibility

Your condo association probably insures only the buildings and common areas. That means you are responsible for everything else. When insuring your condo, make sure you have sufficient coverage for its contents.

How much coverage do you need? Ask yourself these questions:

  • What does my association's master policy cover?
  • Am I liable for my association's deductible expense?
  • Am I covered for the replacement costs of my belongings, including clothing and furnishings?
  • Do I have sufficient coverage to cover appliances, jewelry and collectables?
  • Do I need to cover structural items such as lighting, or bath and kitchen fixtures, cabinets and countertops?
  • Am I covered against flood and wind damage?

Related news

Boat Insurance FAQs  (Personal Resource)

Do I Need a Carbon Monoxide Detector?  (Personal Resource)

February 2020 Personal Insurance Newsletter  (Newsletter)

Contact us

By clicking the Get online quote button, a new browser window will open and take you to Safeco. The link to Safeco is provided for your convenience. Safeco is wholly responsible for the content and services offered on its website.

McGriff Insurance Services, Inc. is a subsidiary of BB&T Insurance Holdings, Inc.

McGriff Insurance Services, Inc. CA License #0C64544.

Insurance products and services offered through McGriff Insurance Services, Inc., a subsidiary of BB&T Insurance Holdings, Inc., are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may go down in value.