Protect your family's financial security
Permanent life insurance plays an essential part of any well-rounded portfolio. It can provide you, your family or a business partner with income for:
- Charitable funding
- Estate planning
- Funeral expenses
Our experienced insurance professionals can review your portfolio and help you determine where insurance fits into your overall financial protection plan.
Life, Long-term Care, Disability, and Medicare Health solutions provided by Truist Life Insurance Services
Permanent life policies offer both death benefits and a cash value.
- You may access these funds by cashing in your policy or borrowing against it for emergencies.
- The premiums for permanent life stay the same over the life of the policy.
- Benefits last a lifetime and do not expire like term insurance.
Let one of our insurance specialists review your financial situation and help you determine the type of coverage that fits your financial and coverage needs.
- Traditional Whole Life guarantees your annual premium and there are minimum guaranteed cash values and death benefits.
- Universal Life offers premium flexibility from year to year, has maximum guaranteed premiums, and minimum guaranteed cash value and death benefits.
- Variable Life works well if you are a knowledgeable, risk-tolerant investor. It offers increased cash value, guaranteed annual premiums and minimum death benefits. There is, however, no guaranteed cash value and you have to direct the investments for your policy (from money market funds to aggressive growth funds).
When to buy
There is great peace in knowing you've provided for your family's or your business’ long-term welfare. To determine the insurance you need, answer these questions:
- Do you have debts your family will need to pay?
- Do you have college-bound children?
- Will your family need to replace your annual income?
- Will your family need to cover the cost of your funeral?
- How much money do you want to leave your heirs?
- Is there a family business that will need financial support?
Life insurance should never be purchased:
- solely as an investment (some of your premiums are used to buy death benefit coverage and to cover other administrative expenses)
- on children as a way to save for college
- before you and your spouse have all the coverage you need on yourselves
Term to perm
A "Term to Perm Conversion" is an insurance policy where the insurer is required to renew or update the policy regardless of the insured's health. This means no new health exam for you.
A conversion privilege guarantees coverage and set premium payments for a certain number of years, regardless of your health status. Term life insurance policies usually offer the conversion privilege option. This option allows you to convert your term policy to a permanent policy that provides insurance for the rest of your life—even if you are diagnosed with a serious illness.
What to Do After a Hit-and-Run Accident (Personal Resource)
8 Safety Tips to Prevent Boating Accidents (Personal Resource)
What to Do Before, During and After a Flood (Personal Resource)
Insurance products are offered through Truist Life Insurance Services, a division of Crump Life Insurance Services, Inc., AR license #100103477, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Truist Insurance Holdings, Inc.
Insurance products and services offered through McGriff Insurance Services, Inc., a subsidiary of Truist Insurance Holdings, Inc., are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may go down in value.
McGriff Insurance Services, Inc. CA License #0C64544.