Long-term disabilities are more common than you may think
Nearly one out of five Americans will be disabled for a year or more during their working lives, and for many, relying upon their employer's group disability coverage may not be enough. By replacing a portion of your lost income, disability insurance can help you maintain your standard of living, and provide financial security for your family until you can get back on your feet and back to work.
If you're sick or injured, disability insurance can provide financial assistance for your:
- Car payments
- Food and clothing expenses
Life, Long-term Care, Disability, and Medicare Health solutions provided by BB&T Life Insurance Services
Please consult with one of our knowledgeable insurance specialists to ensure you choose the right coverage for you and your business. We offer these types of insurance:
- Employer-supplied disability. The second largest form of disability insurance available. On-the-job injury is one of the most common causes of disability.
- Individual disability. Insures your earned income against the risk that a disability will make working uncomfortable, painful or impossible for you. Policies cover paid sick leave, short-term and long-term disability.
- High-limit disability. Designed to keep individual disability benefits at 65% of your income regardless of income level.
- Key-person disability. To protect your company against financial hardship that could result from the loss of an executive or key employee. The benefits can help defray costs to hire a temporary employee or a replacement.
- Business overhead expense disability. For rent/mortgage, utilities, leasing costs, laundry/maintenance, accounting/billing and collection fees, insurance premiums, employee salaries and benefits, taxes, and other monthly expenses when an owner is disabled.
If you own a small business, you need workers’ compensation coverage. Workers' compensation offers payments to employees who are unable to work when they suffer a job-related injury.
It’s more than just income insurance; it compensates for:
- Financial loss
- Medical expenses
- Dependents benefits resulting from a workplace fatality
Find out more about workers’ compensation policies and benefits.
Speak with our experienced insurance professionals today to make sure your business and your employees are protected.
Increase your peace of mind with an Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) policy. Provide your family with added financial protection in the event you lose your sight, hearing, the ability to speak, limb, or life as the result of an accident.
- Pays a lump sum when your family needs it most (similar to a life insurance)
- Affordable, low-cost protection
- No insurability requirement
- No benefit blackout period
With AD&D as a safety net, you’ll have less to worry about if a covered accident ever occurs. Speak with one of our experienced insurance professionals to put that safety net in place.
April 2019 Personal Insurance Newsletter
March 2019 Personal Insurance Newsletter
February 2019 Personal Insurance Newsletter
Insurance products are offered through Crump Life Insurance Services, Inc. doing business as BB&T Life Insurance Services, AR License #100103477 and CA License #0697253, a wholly owned subsidiary of BB&T Insurance Holdings, Inc.
McGriff Insurance Services, Inc. is a subsidiary of BB&T Insurance Holdings, Inc.
McGriff Insurance Services, Inc. CA License #0C64544.
Insurance products and services offered through McGriff Insurance Services, Inc., a subsidiary of BB&T Insurance Holdings, Inc., are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may go down in value.