Important COVID-19 Update for McGriff Clients and Partners
Message from the President and CEO: Coronavirus preparedness update
March 18, 2020
By Rick Ulmer
You're a valued member of the McGriff family, and nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of our clients, partners and teammates.
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to impact the United States, we want to make sure you know that we are closely monitoring and preparing for any potential interruption to our business operations so we can continue to provide you with the high level of personalized service you have come to expect from McGriff. We want to assure you that we are prepared to continue handling your insurance, risk management and employee benefits needs now and moving forward. We have been, and will continue to be, incredibly committed to preparing for and dealing with this situation. Steps we have taken to date include:
- Our leadership team is meeting daily to assess and respond to any potential business impacts. Working in tandem with other teams across our organization, our goal is no interruptions for you.
- We have activated our Business Continuity Plan that allows our teams to work remotely if and when required, and we have implemented an internal communication strategy to keep them informed.
- We have staggered service team and call center work shifts to ensure client needs are met, and we’ve assigned teammates to different buildings and office floors to enhance social distancing.
- We are currently stress testing our network to ensure that we can accommodate the volume of remote workers, and early results are favorable.
- In addition to social distancing, we have restricted corporate travel, cancelled large group meetings, strongly encouraged virtual rather than in-person meetings, increased the number of hand sanitizing stations, and insisted that teammates who are sick stay home until they are well.
- As part of our Work from Home plan, we’ve ordered hundreds of laptops and tokens, and equipped teammates with virtual desktop infrastructure that allows them to work from their home desktops.
- Our parent company, Truist, has taken extraordinary steps to help our teammates and communities, including paid time off, schedule flexibility and family care benefits. The new benefits include 10 days of paid time off for school closings or other family impacts, a special reimbursement for childcare, and additional emergency child and elder care benefits.
- Truist has also made one of the financial industry’s largest donations that will benefit Johns Hopkins Medicine, the CDC and the United Way.
Keeping you informed
The McGriff Executive Leadership and business readiness teams are monitoring the situation and are in close contact with health authorities, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), to ensure we’re acting on the latest guidance and information.
We’re committed to keeping you informed through this rapidly changing situation. Please contact us if we can help with any of your insurance needs.
You can always find our most current client advisory from the McGriff Risk Solutions Team on our Coronavirus Advisory page, and we’ll be adding resources to this page as new information becomes available.
For the latest information about COVID-19, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(opens in a new tab) online or your local health department website.
President & CEO, McGriff
It Benefits You: Your Employee Benefits Newsletter
CARES Act Summary
COVID-19: Bracing for Impacts
Business Email Compromise
COVID-19: Potential Impact to Private Insurers
Beware of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Scams
© 2020, McGriff Insurance Services, Inc. All rights reserved.
The information, analyses, opinions and/or recommendations contained herein relating to the impact or potential impact of coronavirus/COVID-19 on insurance coverage or any insurance policy is not a legal opinion, warranty or guarantee, and should not be relied upon as such. This communication is intended for informational use only. As insurance agents or brokers, we do not have the authority to render legal advice or to make coverage decisions, and you should submit all claims to your insurance carrier for evaluation. Given the ongoing and constantly changing situation with respect to the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic, this communication does not necessarily reflect the latest information regarding recently enacted, pending or proposed legislation or guidance that could override, alter or otherwise affect existing insurance coverage. At your discretion, please consult with an attorney at your own expense for specific advice in this regard.
McGriff Insurance Services, Inc. is a subsidiary of BB&T Insurance Holdings, Inc.
McGriff Insurance Services, Inc. CA License #0C64544.
Insurance products and services offered through McGriff Insurance Services, Inc., a subsidiary of BB&T Insurance Holdings, Inc., are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may go down in value.